Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica or B+W Filters
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:58:36 BST

Hi,

what differences do you see in ease of use? I have predominantly B+W,
Heliopan, Contax and Hoya, with a couple of Leitz ones.

The differences in use I've noticed are:
- - Hoyas fall apart
- - the B+W PL rings are smoother to turn than the Hoyas, which are horrible
- - the Contax filters can work a little loose on the lens (CZ lenses for
35mm)
- - the Hoyas can jam solid on the lens

I haven't used the Heliopans very much, but so far they seem to be on a par
with the B+Ws.

I can't think of any other use factors so I'm interested to hear from you.

Incidentally, on the Schneider website B+W FAQ they recommend that if you
want to clean your single-coated filters you should send them to a
technician!

Cheers,

Bob