Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted's winder and power pack - it works!!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:33:35 -0700

"Richard W. Hemingway" wrote:
> Just got my Kodachrome 200 slides back of the new Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum
> of Natural History which we visited when we were in Norman, OK, last week.<<<<<< SNIP

> Some of Ted's expertise must have remained with the winder and pack!!!
> they aren't as good as Ted could do, but I am very happy with the results.<<<<
<<<<SNIP

> All of the slides were shot with an R8 and 35/1.4 lens, at 1.4 and 2.0.  I
> shot three with the SF-20 flash.  All were hand held and without flash
> mostly from 1/8th to 1/30th.<<<<<
<<<<< SNIP

Hi Dick,
Glad to hear it's working well for you and the mystic powers I instilled
by it's use have retained their value! ;-)

Although you don't need any help from me with your successful picture
taking, it's nice to know you at least think I laid a mystic spell on
the winder and power pack. :-)

And shooting wide open for successful images is sometimes the only way
to go unless you want to blast everything with the flash stopped down
look of everyone else's photos.  And certainly when we all use Leica
glass, one shouldn't hesitate to shoot wide open with any Leica lens.
Keeping in mind to use the widest possible aperture and highest possible
shutter speed when exposing by the normal existing light will make for
very interesting results.

Not to mention your pictures will look completely different from anyone
else's, unless they too are working only available existing light as
you. Then you'd do better anyway as you've got the eye! ;-)

ted