Subject: [Leica] Ted's winder and power pack - it works!!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 11:41:14 -0500

Luggers,

Just got my Kodachrome 200 slides back of the new Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum
of Natural History which we visited when we were in Norman, OK, last week.
It seems that thousands and thousands of artifacts were being stored in old
WWII buildings and slowly deteriorating because they were so badly
preserved.  Finally the State got around to building a multi-million dollar
building for them.  Not all the exhibits are finished yet, but I was
impressed and it is very much worth seeing if you are in the area (see:
www.snomnh.ou.edu).

Some of Ted's expertise must have remained with the winder and pack!!!
they aren't as good as Ted could do, but I am very happy with the results.

All of the slides were shot with an R8 and 35/1.4 lens, at 1.4 and 2.0.  I
shot three with the SF-20 flash.  All were hand held and without flash
mostly from 1/8th to 1/30th.  One is out of focus and two others (out of
36) showed a small amount of camera movement.  (Not too bad for 72 going on
73).  Needless to say I am delighted with the R8 and the 35 and the way the
winder and PP intergate with it.

I also found the bokeh of the lens mostly quite pleasing and smooth at
these openings.  There was a hint of double lines on a few windows, but not
generally.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX

Replies: Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Ted's winder and power pack - it works!!)