Subject: Re: [Leica] new darkrooms
From: Dante A Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:21:58 -0400

Not to be a downer, so to speak, but new stainless kitchen sinks with
16x20 bowls are very expensive if you have them custom fabricated.
They're even more expensive if you want one that's finished well-enough
to show your friends (if you specify some oddbawl bowl size you're going
to get basic welded box).  I know this firsthand because in high school
I worked for my family's restaurant-supply business.

You're much better-off looking for a used standard-model one (like an
Advance/Tabco), which would be about $300-400, depending on your local
market.  Since they're standard size and factory items, they're cheap
and have clean lines (the bowls are die-drawn).

Dante

Robert Browne wrote:

> Rob,
>
> If you decide to go with stainless steel sink I would suggest locating
> a company that fabricates kitchen sinks and work surfaces for
> restaurants. In NYC in the Bowery there are a lot of restaurant supply
> companies and fabricators of sinks, etc. You can get one done in
> whatever demensions you want quickly and the price is much cheaper
> than those sold by photographic suppliers. You may be able to find a
> similar source near you.
>
> Robert Browne

Dante Stella
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dante