Subject: [Leica] Vancouver LUG meeting, Greek night
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 21:28:34 -0600 (MDT)

An enjoyable evening of retsina, kalamari, and Leica talk was held in
Vancouver last night, with Tom Abrahamsson, and his long-suffering wife,
Tuuliiki, Henning Wulff, and myself, Noel Charchuk. We were joined by LHSA
member, and soon to become a LUG member, as soon as he gets back to his
computer, Lyn Lockwood.

While sitting on the patio of the restaurant, sipping our first glass of
wine, a parcel arrived, delivery for Tom, special service.

To our wondering eyes, we became the first to witness the long awaited
Leica grip. These were just machined, not yet anodized or threaded, but
you could see what a welcome addition it will be to any Leica user. For
those of you that can't remember to turn your meter off, there is a
compartment to hold a bunch of batteries. The grip is much more
substantial than the Leica version.
I would recommend you get the old Leica one listed on eBay right away,
before the bottom drops out on the value of the one you have now, and line
up for Tom's new marvel.

It was a great evening, and having the parcel arrive was enough to make it
perfect.

Noel Charchuk

http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch