Subject: Re: [Leica] Leading Candidate for Most Bizzare Technical Question of the Week/BD do not read this!
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 05:36:29 -0600 (MDT)

John, it does, but there is a small internal cap that is threaded inside
the back mount that interferes with the flange fitting. Once that is
removed, the current Elmar 50 attaches to the SOMKY and works quite well.
I can't figure out the purpose of the piece in question, except possibly
because it is painted black, and it covers some shiny metal bits, it may
be to reduce internal reflections.
I'll show it to you next trip to Edmonton.
Noel Charchuk

http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch