Subject: [Leica] M6 Service Story Update -- Camera Replacement
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:44:50 -0400

Some of you may remember that I had to send a five week old M6TTL in to
Leica because the flash circuit fired the flash when the film was
wound.  I got an email yesterday from Brenda Olesin that they were
replacing my camera.  When I called today to find out when, they said it
had been shipped yesterday.  I think this is reasonable.

I also sent an SF 20 in with it -- the problem on that one is that once
it is mounted on the camera shoe, it takes mucho force to get it to
slide back out.  I was afraid the flash foot would break off after a few
cycles of this.  I don't know if they are replacing the flash as well,
or just what.  We'll see.

When Leica sends a replacement camera, is it a new unit or one that has
been refurbished?  Anything to watch out for?

I asked about the Passport card not matching the new serial number and
they said not to worry about it; that the new sn had been updated in
their database.

John

Replies: Reply from John Hoang <johnhng@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 Service Story Update -- Camera Replacement)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Buying from New York Camera)