Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome Labs
From: ralph fuerbringer <rof@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:21:11 -0400

 as far as i know of around new york city we've only one in fairlawn nj and
what follows explains why i cant recommed it. a  friend of mine  shoots
annual reports with  identical shots of everything w/ duplicate camera
&indentical lenses  in case of a malfunction.
he once gave all the kodachrome instead of 1/2 to this kodachrome lab . they
ruined all and he had to ruturn 500 miles & reshoot.
why one lab here? when kodak introduced 120 size kodachrome half a dozen
labs invested millions in processors only to find that after one roll it was
not going to replace anything much less 45 as anticipated. it was green on
intro and if it was fixed it was  too late. no pro or amateur
would touch it after the first run.  the biggest lab in the city for pros
Dugall was forced into bankruupcy by 120 kodachrome, fortunately dugall
recovered, some other labs
didnt. kodak themselves is and was part owner during the disaster described.
. sorry to be so negative about a wonderful positive. one of kodachromes
inventers(2 musicians yet)married george gershwin's sister. that kodak
dropped the ball-who cares? we all do and we all suffer for it world wide .
ralph