Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome Labs
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2000 11:07:38 -0700

On Wed, 19 July 2000, George Lottermoser wrote:

> robert.appleby@tin.it (Robert Appleby)7/19/007:09 PM
>
> > We all use Leicas to take our photographs. The film has to be
> developed.
>
> I asked earlier if someone might please recommend the best labs
> in US for Kodachrome processing. Received no replies. Have I
> asked a question which offends or???

George,

I don't think anyone knows.  For me, either I get the pre-paid mailers for a decent price from B&H or I don't take pictures, so the default lab for me is Kodak's in New Jersey.  Kodachrome use has declined precipitously because of the Kodalux fiasco and the readily available E6 labs and excellent E6 films now on the market.  Several people on the list would love to use Kodachrome if the turnaround were equal to E6.  The turnaround isn't a big issue for me so I'll keep using Kodachrome and the pre-paid mailers.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!