Subject: Re: [Leica] Focus Kindergarten
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:37:41 -0600

Hi Sam.

I apologise if you find it stupid but I used every "little grey cell" I had
and can only regret my inability in that department. Perhaps the allusion to
the high brow Austin Powers' movie was indeed the straw that broke your
back. The EOS camera does not know what the intended final result is. Is it
for a 4x6 print? A theatre screen filing slide? A 20x30 print? My point,
given in a tongue in cheek way, was that the simple depth of field scale on
my lenses, missing on almost all of the AF lenses, provides much more
information and is more useful than the "custom function" on Mr.
Fuerbringer's EOS camera. I decided to post in a tongue in cheek manner as I
supposed that Mr. Fuerbringer KNEW this as well and would appreciate the
humour at his expense rather than an explanation which might be taken to
imply he is not a particularly bright young man. Something that I do not
believe to be true nor would I wish to state if it were true.

Cheers

John Collier

I have posted a longer reply to Sam but as stated above I would not wish to
insult Mr. Fuerbringer by implying he needs to have an explanation, I also
have taken the trouble to tone down the language which, quite regretably, I
used in my off list reply to Sam. Oh dear, I possibly have tried to smother
a small fire with gasoline! Haste, haste, how often I regret my haste.