Subject: Re: [Leica] Proud owner of a new Leica IIIg
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:53:21 -0600

You are indeed correct that I made a mistake, but, it was in saying that
there was a 1/25 setting when the "red" lightning bolt is still 1/30. A
flashbulb needs lead time to get up to full intensity so it either needs a
slower shutter speed or a mechanism that fires the bulb before the shutter
starts opening (M sync terminal on the M cameras). As the IIIG only has one
sync terminal I believe it fires the instant the first curtain is fully open
when set to either of the arrow settings. When set anywhere except the arrow
settings it then connects through a circuit with the proper delay for flash
bulbs. Hopefully someone with a manual can confirm this and I apologise for
the 1/25 thing (it was late at night).

Cheers

John Collier