From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:01:16 -0400 (EDT)

>I bought my Leica SPECIFICALLY to use with digital scanning and printing,
>and discussing that with other Leica owners who are doing the exact same
>thing is important to me.  It may not be important to YOU but it is to
>ME.

ah, but saying "i had my M3 in the volkswagon when it broke down" does not
make it on topic to ask about volkswagon repairs (regardless of how often
it happens around here). digital scanning and printing topics belong in
rec.photo.digital where a whole 'nother pack of, er, photographers with a
much better base of digital printing knowledge will attack them like rabid
dogs.

another way to lessen the off-topicness would be to post "any leica users
using XYZ printer or scanner, please e-mail me privately" -- after which
about six people will invariably post to the lug "yeah! i use one! in
fact, i had it in my volkswagon last week when it broke down, does
anybody know where i can get a ...." but at least it won't be your fault
then.

but, i've discovered that expecting the lug to stay even remotely on-topic
is like expecting marmite to taste good, you keep hoping, but it never
happens....

and now the leica content you've all been waiting for: after this weeks
picture went up, i got _nine_ e-mails from luggers asking where i got the
tiny little leica that barbie is wearing in the alternate picture:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/pad/29/leicabarbie.jpg

(you'll be interested to know that to a man, they all claimed they wanted
it for their wives or daughters (heh right).) you'll all be pleased to
know that your manhood will still be intact after you order one, it's part
of the very manly "g.i. joe press photographers kit" which comes with not
one but TWO little black leicas and a little black zeiss ikon and some
miscilanious g.i. joe crap (little colt 45, little armband that says
"press" three little pictures of soldiers, etc.) i got mine on ebay for
$15.

kc