Subject: Re: [Leica] Political correctness, foreign photography does have some valid p oints
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:11:57 BST

Hi,

of course these are points well made, but they all apply not only to 3rd
world countries but to *all* places where the photographer is not local.

I live in London. Because tourists don't present the same London that I
know, and because some colourful locals, such as Beefeaters, pose for
photographs, and because sometimes Hollywood makes a mockery of British
history, it does not follow that only born-and-bred Bow-Bells jolly Cockney
chim-chimerney-cheroo guv'nor pearly queen Londoners should be allowed to
photograph the place.

All it requires is for the photographers to be sensitive and courteous.

Cheers,

Bob