Subject: RE: [Leica] digital prints again
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:42:17 -0400

It sounds as though we have reached the point where, to speak of and prove
silver superiority to digital printing, one will be required to wear a 10x
loupe around one's neck and examine every print that way. I, for one, prefer
to step back from photos - at least a few inches - and examine and admire
the photograph. If it takes a loupe  to see that the "detail" is there in
the silver print, but not the digital, then it simply doesn't matter -
unless one is working with photos for use in a criminal case where you need
to find something that is "hidden" from the eye.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] digital prints again)