Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #255
From: firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:33:19 +1000

> AlastairF@bhs.grampianshealth.org.au wrote:
>
>> I will have to second this, I prefer the R8 to the R7, and would add, that
>> the 8 is the best Manual camera I've used in years. It just begs to be used
>> in manual, even though the auto features are great.
>
> I feel exactly the same way. 95% of the time my R8 is set to manual and spot
> metering. Very occasionally I will use aperture-preferred. The one exception
> all this is when using flash. I am just to thick to work out all that flash
> stuff, so I set everything to program mode. Works well too (I use one of the
> dedicated Metz flashes).

 Nathan,

You and I are sounding similar. I usually set the flash to auto and just
fire. I don't like flash normally, and see it like Microsoft, as a necessary
"evil". The combination of Metz flash and programme mode has been faultless
for me, but after a recent dinner dance, I regretted not putting in more
effort. The images were great, the exposure was fine, but they all looked
the same. I really should have rolled off some using my brain rather than
the R8's.

Oh well, another personal improvement course along with the learn to do good
b/w printing and Ilfochrome (not to mention work related stuff) --- its a
busy life, but I love it ;-)

Cheers