Subject: Re: [Leica] optical excellence and the human error factor
From: "CIS" <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:08:30 +0100

Doug

Not sure I'm ready for the Leicaflex just yet!  I am improving (I think,
emphasis on the 'I') but I am always in awe when I vist your site and look
at your images of birds, especially those in flight.  I have seen the SL,
the shoulder stock and the massive lenses and, I have to admit, I do not
know who you do it.  Moreover, do you ever get mistaken for an artillery
soldier with a bazooka ready to blow anything that flies past out of the
skies? ;-)

Simon

Doug Herr wrote

> So, are you ready for a Leicaflex yet?
>
> I'm just kidding with you, the F5 is an appropriate tool for many
situations, but it's no coincidence that the reasons you mentioned for
getting more high-quailty images with the M6 than with the F5 are the same
reasons I give to explain why I get more "keepers" with the SL than with
automated equipment.