Subject: Re: [Leica] OT on eBay
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:57:25 -0500

>Robert Jagitsch wrote:
>
> > (1) For photo equipment, don't use a reserve. You will always get
> > more bidders, and usually a higher price if you don't use a reserve.
>
>Maybe, but you also run the risk of having to sell your equipment at less than
>you had in mind. I prefer to set a reasonable reserve (=the lowest
>price I would
>be prepared to sell for). If it is exceeded, great, but at least I know I will
>not be forced into a crummy deal.

I have sold perhaps 100 items on ebay, mostly from $500 to
$3000-$4000, and this has never happened to me one time. I'm usually
delighted to find that bidding went much higher than I thought it
would. I have enough history to not worry about it anymore, I just
post and go.

However, if it isn't computer or photo related, all bets are off!
Don't know if other categories work as well.

- -R

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (501) 421-7942 FAX (fax direct to my email)

Message from Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com> (Re: [Leica] OT on eBay)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] OT on eBay)