Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Erwins comments on Digital Printing
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:19:18 -0400

> ... digital is for the lazy ones who don't
> want to get their fingers wet wringing the best out of a Leica negative.
 If
> one is going to degrade the Leica image with the digital whizbangs, why
not
> just buy and use the point and shoots while saving a lot of money at the
same
> time?

Er, no.  You obviously haven't done any work with digital scanning and
printing of Leica negatives.  The limiting factor, at this point for me is
the film.

I will bet you I can print out an 11 x 17 digital B&W print and same
darkroom print, and from a distance of 2' you could not tell the
difference, or you would say the digital one is better.

I suggest you check out www.piezography.com.