Subject: [Leica] Dropped lenses
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:49:40 -0400

Doug and Harrison - many thanks for your comments - Doug, did the SL survive
the fall?  Harrison noted the catch can work loose.  I did another
inspection, and speculate that what may have happened to my M3 is that I did
not check that the click stop had been completely engaged, that means I was
walking around with the potential for catastrophic loss of the lens.  In any
event another Leica lesson learned.  Guess that is why we enjoy "using" our
Leicas - Hugh Thompson