Subject: RE: [Leica] 280mm f/2.8
From: "Shih, Chiente" <chiente.shih@unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:13:00 -0500

I got mine about 3 months ago. This is an incredible telephoto lens that you
can't miss. I got a really good bargain outside the US. Mine is a used one
and it has lots of paint loss and needs CLA. However, this lens is as good
as you can get. The images  have good contrast, high resolution, excellent
color rendition, and hardly detected light fall-off. Yes, it is large and
heavy, but somehow you can manage to hold it by hands with the grip. The
maximum aperture showed 3.4 in my R8 and I asked Leica USA about this. They
said that this could be normal and its effective aperture is still 2.8.

Eddie