Subject: [Leica] Re: (Ref #:26061 ) - film fogging
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:14:34 -0500

Tina,

The folloowing is pat of a letter I sent to Kodak, with film, for a problem
I had with E-200 Ektachrome.  One film showed a pronounced red bias on the
whole film, the other just on the last few shots to the end.  I never
received another reply from Peter.  In the first letter, requesting the
film ends, he mentioned it might have been in the processing.  How??

Mr. Peter Hamann
4545 East River Road
Rochester, New York 14650-0811

Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  I have now used two rolls of the E-200 and I am
sending you the film ends from the second roll, as I guess I threw away the
ones from the first roll.  The second roll is batch number 0091 (catalog
number   CAT 107 7114) and the box for it is also included.  I didn't save
the box for the first roll, but it was taken off the shelf at the same time
at Epperson Photo in OKC and was probably the same. I am also sending in
some mounted slides from both rolls.  They were both processed at a Q-Lab.

The first roll had the red film base throughout the whole film, see
drawing,whereas the second roll only has it from about frame 36 to the
spool end. The slides from the first film show a marked red bias, where the
slides from the second do not - and I think show normal coloration.

I am including the rest of the e-mail for your information.

Thanks for the reply and i will be looking forward to your thoughts about
the film.

Dick Hemingway