Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Sally Mann, digest V17 #195
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:29:42 -0400

Right.

There is a world of difference between photographs which are obscene,
because they appeal to prurient interest, and photographs of obscenities -
that is, photographs taken of subjects whose very existence is an obscene
affront to any decent human being. In that respect, Nachtwey's Inferno is
filled with obscenities - and belongs in every public library, public
school, and government office in the world.

B. D.