Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Grainy dev. & film look?
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:54:12 +0100

>Hi guys,
>
>I'd like to try to get a similar "grain look ?" might better be
>described as, "glow look" like the photographs we see from the late
>1800's, early 1900's.  Maybe not possible with modern films and
>developers.

I guess the glow look has a lot to do with how the late 1800' ealy 1900's
lenses rendered the image on a negative that was so large that it hardly
had to be enlarged even if it fills a page of a book. I'v e got myself a
1930 folding camera with an uncoated lens and one day I will try to get
that glow on the 6 x 9 cm negative, but I'll get hold of an eastern
European old technology film like Efke or Fomapan first.

Regards, Chris

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or