Subject: Re: [Leica] film washing tips
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:22:53 -0700

Dave-
I am sure you will be chided about a topic that has been rehashed, but I
personally think it bears repeating. YES- re-wash, with a final rinse in
distilled or filtered or de-ionized water with a little bit of photo-flo. I
use half the recommended amount, and it leaves no gummy residue.
The drying spots are probably due to minerals in your water. Now for most
processing, except for some toning processes, the rule of thumb is that if
you can drink it, then you can do film in it, but if you have a high mineral
content, or use well water from a limestone substrate, then you should do a
final rinse in de-mineralized water!!!, only needs to be less than a minute,
or so- really, with as pure a water as you can get, and then use a cellulose
film sponge to remove excess, and I think you may find the spotting problem
will disappear!
Good luck!
Dan