Subject: [Leica] How to get "good service" from Leica USA
From: Bill <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

Jim wrote:

This is in stark contrast to my experience with my Summilux 35 ASPH,
which I
sent in back in January under the 2-year international warranty.
Leica has
never sent me any feedback about the lens.  Fortunately, I sent the
lens via
FedEx, and have a printout of the shipping confirmation.  Leica is
now
telling me that it may be until September or longer until I see my
lens
back.  Ridiculous.  I am leaving on a 11 month trip to gather
material for
http://www.spectare.com in September, and will probably not have this
lens
by then.

Jim,

I'll tell you what has worked very well for a lot of people both on
and off this group.

If you have access to a FAX machine, send a short, polite FAX
describing your problem to the attention of Herr Hans-Peter Cohn,
Chairman, at Leica Camera in Solms (The FAX number is
44-0-64-42-2-08-3-33 you may or may not need the first zero).  When
you do this, POO-POO tends to hit the fan and you usually get a phone
call from the lovely people at LEICAUSA telling you that by some
"extraordinary coincidence", you lens is ready, and they will ship it
to you tomorrow.  Funny how that happens.

If you do not have access to a FAX machine, go to the Leica web site
at http://www.leica-camera.com click on MAIL in the upper right hand
corner of the page, and at the top of the text put in all caps:
"ATTENTION HERR HANS-PETER COHN, CHAIRMAN" and describe your prolem.
The results will be similar.  The e-mails go directly to Solms.

As a consumer, I have two basic problems. (1) When I am paying for
first class service, I expect first class service; and, (2) I have an
extremely low tolerance level for Bull Sh*t.

Regards,

Bill

..