Subject: Re: [Leica] Film in the Fridge
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:24:19 +0200

Logically, whatever damage heat does to unexposed film should also affect
exposed but unprocessed film. Therefore, whenever I am on vacation in a hot
place, I make sure that exposed film is kept in a fridge or at least the hotel
minibar.

Nathan

Dan Honemann wrote:

> Ok, here's a dumb question, but I'm curious....  I know keeping unexposed
> film in the refrigerator helps keep it from fermenting (or whatever it is
> film does) till you're ready to shoot with it, but is it helpful to keep
> _exposed_ film refrigerated until it's ready to be processed?
>
> I have nearly a dozen rolls of exposed film (everything from Kodachrome 25
> to Supra 800) that I won't be able to have processed for another week or so,
> and temperatures will be in the upper 80's to mid 90's around here.  Does it
> make sense to store it in the fridge till I'm ready to process it?
>
> How have they stored all of Winogrand's unexposed film?
>
> Dan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Film in the Fridge)