Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Rapidwinder and film mis-advance/loading....
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 19:15:58 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:

> I wasn't asking whether it made sense or not, since I completely agree, it
> makes sense to use the basket.  I was asking if anyone else had the same
> problem.  The issue is the designer and manufacturer of the Rapidwinder
> says you do not need it, so against my better judgement, I took his
> instruction.
>
> People here clamor 'listen to Leica, when they say DON'T use a filter'....
> yet when I follow instructions here....  I think you get my point.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Austin,

When I received my two Rapidwinders I couldn't get the baskets off the
original base plates, so I said to hell with it,  Tom says you don't
really need them and away I went sans baskets.

Have loaded and exposed hundreds of rolls and never had a screw-up,
everyone firing along without a hitch. So I feel his instructions are
quite adequate.  As much as I hate to say it. Is it possible, it's the
guy loading the film in the camera creating the problem?

ted