Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Rapidwinder and film mis-advance/loading....
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:03:58 -0400

> >I find the Rapidwinder works better for me with the basket mounted than
> >without.

> There is a purpose for the film basket. The film does not know whether
you
> have a Rapidwinder or an ordinary base plate mounted. Therefore, it only
> make sense to put the basket on whatever base plate you are using.

I wasn't asking whether it made sense or not, since I completely agree, it
makes sense to use the basket.  I was asking if anyone else had the same
problem.  The issue is the designer and manufacturer of the Rapidwinder
says you do not need it, so against my better judgement, I took his
instruction.

People here clamor 'listen to Leica, when they say DON'T use a filter'....
yet when I follow instructions here....  I think you get my point.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Rapidwinder and film mis-advance/loading....)