Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Scotch
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:44:29 -0400

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 03:56:52 -0400, Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
wrote:

>Oh please!  Look, if you want to drink Scotch whisky, then leave that JW
>sludge alone and go for some REAL stuff.  Try Laphroaig, Caol Ila, Ardbeg,
>Bruichladdich, or Bowmore 12yo.  Or sip an 18yo (12?) Talisker, the 21yo
>Springbank, a Lagavulin Double Matured, or Bowmore Darkest.

Just bought a bottle of Bowmore Darkest yesterday to help celebrate
Father's Day - it's a lovely dram indeed.  Double Matured Lagavullin
(or Distiller's Edition as it's known in Canada) is IMO the greatest
whiskey made, with a nod in the direction of Macallan 18.

I had a shot of JW Blue last year (in a bar, on someone else's dime).
I'd much rather drink Cardhu.  Blue is  just another blend.  So many
whiskeys, so little liver...

Now, back to dreaming about Noctiluxen.

Paul Chefurka

Message from Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu> ([Leica] OT: Scotch)