Subject: [Leica] Re: Immune to brassing! titanium and ostrich
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 02:11:50 EDT

Nah - titanium is not ugly - it´s the fake ostrich type leather (black calf
hide with emu-texturing!) that is really weird.

All the best!

Raimo

photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen

I LOVE that fake "ostrich leather!"

I remember when the camera was introduced -and those dark marketing photos
that they used. I HAD to have one. ;->

Seriously, I did buy one for myself, but mostly because I was able to get it
for the same cost as a chrome M6 and I figured it would wear better.  I liked
the way it looked too.

The top plate did wear well, the ost. leather didn't. I still shoot with it
today.

I'm always saying that I wish they could put it on all the cameras, but make
it stronger. Love the look, but it is delicate. It doesn't wear as well as
the normal M6 "leather" but I guess anything is better than vulcanite. (for
longevity -not looks)

BTW, the reason it doesn't sell well is the price.   It was just too too
high. AND they didn't release all the lenses, so if you really cared about
the finish you were going to have some mis-matched lenses.

later,
Rich