Subject: [Leica] <no subject>
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:18:06 -0400

re:
> For those of you interested in an LHSA Black Paint camera, I am advised by
> Leica USA that the first batch of 300 cameras is now sold out.  You can still
> order from LHSA for later delivery up until the cutoff date of June 30, 2000.
>  Or, perhaps you can find one in stock from a Leica dealer.  Pat McKee
> advertised Friday that he has them in stock.
> Anyway, we are now in the final countdown to the deadline!

While I don't have the exact numbers on paper, I saw one on ebay about
a week ago with a serial number that was OVER 400 numbers higher than mine
(2548072). If what I saw is correct and the numbering is sequential, then
the run is definitely over 300. Even so, for potental "collectors" (my user
already has a few nicks and the beginnings of a brassing), that's far less
than the 2000 for the Millenium edition.  Question is, will production
actually stop based on orders received by June 30th, or will Leica continue
to produce them for inventory?  BTW, a really nice job, LHSA. Thank you.

sam