Subject: Re: [Leica] that LUG photo competition
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:14:00 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> No, you have offended many people, and continue to offend them, with your in
> credibly snotty, high and mighty attitude toward those who may or may not
> have attained your royal level of economic achievement.<<<<<<

Good on you BD, finally someone had the balls to put the play in the
right court!

> This list is not about who is or is not "rich enough" to own a Leica. It is
> about photography - with Leicas.<<<<<<<<<

Well that's been my understanding for near 4 years and I don't wish to
see it change.  If we had more conversation about using Leica cameras,
any model, during assignments and the effects of the hardware on
successful shooting, it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than
who could, can, nor cannot afford to buy a Leica.  In reality who gives
a rats ass!  There are those of us who have long time professional
careers using Leica cameras and hardly know other equipment, with the
Leica being
nothing more than a tool to do a job.

There isn't any worship nor economic thing that comes to mind, it's like
one carpenter prefers a 00000 hammer and another prefers the 00 hammer.
neither give a damn as long as the hammer pounds nails straight!  And
it's no different to me and taking pictures, do I see anything different
because I use a Leica?   NOT ON YOUR SWEET ASS!   I see what I see by my
one God given eye and I'd shoot the same pictures Leica or pinhole, it's
just that I prefer what the leica camera and lens does for what I see
and that's all that matters!

Quite frankly the whole crock about economic position in relation to who
can, should or should not buy Leica cameras has been a crock of bull
shit that absolutely has nothing to do with photography nor taking
pictures with a Leica.  Or any other camera for that fact.

> You'd really do a whole lot better if you stopped apologizing and trying to
> make yourself clear - the clearer you get, the more revolting it becomes.<<<<<<<

Like I said, it has been nothing more than a pile of cow manure!    And
we always say to each other.   "what you said on the screen, would you
say face to face to the poster?"

 Very unfortunately I'd be pleased to to say it face to face regarding
all this economic crap I've tried to wade through this past half dozen
days since re-subscribing,  simply because it would be a non-discussion,
whether one on one or a group of LUGNUTS discussing a point around a
table drinking water. Or beer if you prefer!  Personal preference, a
fine single malt scotch!

Either get your ass in gear Hashimoto San and become a Leica photographer
discussing photography/picture taking and forget the BS about economics
and the rest of the silly stuff or do a whole bunch of folks a favor and
dissolve
into the twilight zone!  Sorry mate, it's the facts of the real world!

I'll apologize for the rant, but every once in awhile as the old timers
know, I take a rip at the place and usually one individual, simply
because the poster has not contributed one bloody thing that truly
relates to picture taking photography!   Whether using a damn leica or not!

OK lads, now you can have a go at me!  At least like BD, there comes a
time when someone has to say. "ENOUGH ALREADY!"

ted