Subject: [Leica] Flash cord R and R5 with 100mm
From: Arthur Leyenberger <larthurl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:07:32 -0700 (PDT)

I wasn't planning on doing it, but I just bought an R
100mm Macro lens. I want to get back into doing some
macro work, which means a little fill flash with my R5
and soon-to-arrive 100mm f2.8. I guess my options are
either a Leica SF20 or a Metz 30, although I
understand the Metz is not TTL (and therefore won't be
as convenient with my M6 TTL if I ever use flash on
it.)

Anyway, does Leica or anyone else make and off-camera
flash cord for the R5? I didn't see one in the Leica
program catalog. Seems like an oversight if they
don't, but maybe there's an aftermarket version that's
acceptable?

I'm used to Nikon and SB-25 flash, which nicely does
fill flash (I set the falsh at minus -2/3) with my
200mm Micro-Nikkor. Anybody want to tell me what I'm
getting myself into with the Leica R5, 100mm, and
whatever else I need to do flowers, mushrooms,
butterflies, etc.?

thanks.
.....Art in NJ, USA