Subject: [Leica] Wedding film b/w
From: Arthur Leyenberger <larthurl@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:00:19 -0700 (PDT)

It's been 25 years (OK, almost 30) since I shot b/w
film - when I was photographer for my college
yearbook. It was TRI-X back then, bulk loaded, and
with minimal technique. I've been away from b/w since
then and now am into Leica M. Hopefully my technique
has improved too :)

I'll be going to a wedding of our friend's daughter
next month and want to shoot b/w candids (maybe a few
posed) shots for her as a gift. I doubt if anyone else
will be shooting b/w, so I think it might be special.
AND I promise to stay the hell out of the way of the
wedding photographer (I've been following that thread
these last few weeks).

So, what film should I use. I don't do my own
developing and will take it to camera shop for pro
developing, if needed. I think I want at least 400 if
not 800.
So which would work best for my situation Kodak (TMAX
3200, TMAX 400, TRI-X 400) or Ilford (HP5, 400 Delta,
Delta 3200) or something else. And should I push and
if so, what push speed.

I've also followed the "how can someone else recommend
what I'll like in film" thread. This is not that kind
of question. I just need some advise that will give me
some success (the composition is up to me, I know) and
that my friend's family will enjoy.

Thanks as usual, LUGNUTS, for the assistance.
.....Art in NJ, USA