Subject: Re: [Leica] Mail order
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 11:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

Robert is absolutely right in recommending mail order
here. Especially since Fernando lives in Portugal, as
far as I recall, which means that if he orders stuff
from Germany (a fellow EU member country) there are no
customs duty or any additional VAT to be paid. By
buying in Germany from one of the reputable mail order
places (e.g. Foto Hobby or Leicabeimeister or Brenner
Foto Versand) he can save at least $1000 compared to
his local price. Why anyone in this day and age buys
Leicas locally in places like Portugal or Scandinavia
(very expensive there as well) is beyond me.

Nathan