Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R8 improvements
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2000 06:52:35 -0700

On Mon, 22 May 2000, "apbbeijing@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Nathan wrote,
>
> > Once you have actually used an R8 you will not want to change a thing. It
> > is the most ergonomically correct camera I have ever owned or used.
>
> I would take issue with that: I would definitely like to see a lock on the
> exposure mode selector dial since it is always catching something and moving
> to that which I didn't want, especially the off position. Likewise the
> shutter dial is too exposed to getting moved around by accident. The old Rs
> were much better on both counts.
>
> Otherwise, yes it is ergonomically quite nice. I have two now. As for
> reliability and service: that is an area with a lot to complain about. But
> oh those lenses.
>
> Rs
>
> Adrian

Adrian,

I like the R8 shutter speed dial just the way it is, much more so than the R4s and R4sP bodies I'm familiar with.  As for the mode selector, it wasn't a problem for me during the short time I borrowed an R8, but I'll agree the mode selector lock on the R4sP through R7 bodies is quite good.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!