Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica R8 improvements
From: "apbbeijing@yahoo.com" <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 11:37:07 +0800

Nathan wrote,

> Once you have actually used an R8 you will not want to change a thing. It
> is the most ergonomically correct camera I have ever owned or used.

I would take issue with that: I would definitely like to see a lock on the
exposure mode selector dial since it is always catching something and moving
to that which I didn't want, especially the off position. Likewise the
shutter dial is too exposed to getting moved around by accident. The old Rs
were much better on both counts.

Otherwise, yes it is ergonomically quite nice. I have two now. As for
reliability and service: that is an area with a lot to complain about. But
oh those lenses.

Rs

Adrian
- --