Subject: [Leica] Leica camera & insurance
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> wrote:

> For little or nothing, you can add an endorsement stating what value
> will be paid in the event of a loss. Ask your agent. Also, ACV is
> defined in the policy.  Usually means the item can be
> depreciated!!!!!!!!

Mine is for replacement.  It says in the fine print that if it is
damaged, State Farm has the option of repairing or replacing.  My
agent told me that State Farm would use its connections to find the
best price, and then reimburse me what it takes to buy the camera and
set me up with that dealer.  They are counting on being able to pay
close to wholesale.

Mine also covers mysterious disappearances, which my homeowners
doesn't.  In other words, if I leave my car unlocked, and it's stolen
from my car, the rider will pay out whereas my homeowners would not.

The amount of my coverage will be automatically adjusted for inflation
each year, so that it will continue to pay out the cost for a new
camera.  (In other words, they'll raise my premiums every year but
sell this to me as a feature.  <grin>)