Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Some of Life's Dumps
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 19:59:34 +0800

Julian Thomas wrote:Bernard

> How does that work? Sorry, i thought it was American multinationals paying
> people starvation wages and fucking with the economy of the country.
>
> Julian

I would attribute the down fall of most countries to corruption, lack of
fiscal management and down right disregard for the welfare of their own
citizens.  Yes, multinationals invest in these countries for the low wages
but in this day and age the issue being so hot these factories cannot get
away without paying at least the local legal wage (though low for Western
standards).  The many watch groups make sure of that and consumers should
too.

Ray