Subject: [Leica] darkrooms
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:15:32 -0500

Whereas darkrooms are wonderful quiet places away from the world, in the
real world they frankly are becoming extinct.  I remember as an
undergraduate spending hours and hours and hours printing.  I blew through
so much paper.  I am surprised I got out of school debt free.  That was an
education in printmaking that most will never see again.   I myself have not
made a real print in two years.  When I did that print, I had not made a
print in awhile. But after two test strips most of the skills came back.  A
little slower, but the skills are there once learned.   I hope this summer
to reassemble my gear for a personal bw project.  I would never ever print
color.  Too hard for me. Black and white is a joy for me however.  I will go
digital for color, but wet prints for bw. We are in a period of evolution
that is everchanging.

gck