Subject: [Leica] 90mm summicron decision
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:51:05 -0500

I have a 90mm summicron M mount that was made around 1972.   Removable head
version, in black.  It has served me well through the years.  At present I
have plans to send it in to be CLA and have a focus check.

My question to those of you who have had the priveledge of using a later
style or the ASPH latest greatest version of this optic is this:

"What increase in clarity and sharpness can I expect in the f2 to f2.8 range
on the latest lens over my old one.  Some of you may have both lenses and
can tell me.  When I use the 90 it is mostly nearly wide open as I use my
Nikon 105 AIS nikkor if the going isn't as rough.

I am contemplating replacing the 90 eventually, so I need some incentive to
get going on this.

cheers

gck