Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica service
From: J Vaughan <sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 13:44:56 -0700 (PDT)

- --- MPpix@aol.com wrote:
> Hello.  While I have been lurking for the last five or six months,
> this is my
> first post.  In January, I sent my M4-P and an M4-2 winder to Leica
> Camera,
> Inc. in NJ to be CLA'ed.  After the ten week estimated time passed, I
> called
> and was told it would be returned that week.  I received it the
> following
> week and added it to my everyday gear.

<<< <notes on sloppy repair work here>>>

> So where should I sent my Leica gear next time?

I purchased a broken M5 a week ago and I was directed to Sherry Krauter
at Golden TOuch in New York  ( ithink the area code is in the midst of
a change (914/845)496-8834.
Many of the shooters on the LUG recommended he,
 I MET her over the weekend and  she is very cool. Looked at my M5, and
told some jerk off  while she was doing it and all with a smile.
she has my camerta ad said it would be 3 weeks till she had a diagnosis
her turn around for a CLA seems to be about 2 weeks  but you might
call. AND her prices are reasonable $175 + $45 in parts for the M5.

My $.02

Jeremy