Subject: [Leica] R8 shutter technique
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:03:21 +1000

Hello LUG

Many would know that the R8 has a very useful mirror pre release and
self timer setup.  Just recently I've started using the 2 second timer
with hand held shooting.  With two pushes of a button on the camera's
back, the 2 second timer is primed, and is then triggered by lightly
pressing and releasing the shutter button.  In two seconds the camera
will fire, held by completely relaxed hands. Lightly pressing the
shutter button before the countdown is up will hold the timer and start
if over again.  Used this method with some bunnies on Friday and some
bridesmaids on Saturday.

Can't say whether there's a difference on film, but it looks and feels
like there should be.

Anyone else use this feature this way?

Rick (bridesmaids always make me quiver) Dykstra