Subject: [Leica] An evening with James Nachtwey
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:14:29 -0700

An Evening with Explorer of Light James Nachtwey
Monday- May 1st 2000

UCSF Laurel Heights Conference Center
3333 California @ Presidio
7:00-9:00PM

Reception to follow

James Nachtwey's new book "INFERNO" will be available.

This event is free, but seating is limited. Priority seating for ASMP members,
please bring proof of membership.

Nachtwey began his career in Northern Ireland during the 1981 IRA hunger strike
since then Nachtwey has devoted himself to documenting the victims of wars,
conflicts, and civil strife throughout the world. His work has been published
in numerous leading international publications including Time, Life, The New
York Times Magazine, Newsweek, National Geographic, Stern, GEO L'Express and
many others. He became a contract photographer for Time in 1984 and a member of
Magnum Photos in 1986.

Nachtwey has won the Robert Capa Gold Medal an unprecedented five time s, the
World Press Photo Award twice, Magazine Photographer of the Year award six
times. The Leica Award, the W. Eugene Smith Grant in Humanistic Photography
from I.C.P, the Infinity Award from I.C.P the Overseas Press CIub Award for
best photo reporting from abroad, the Sprague Award and the Bayeaux Award for
War Correspondence in France.

For more information: 415-274-2243