Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #44
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:40:58 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/00 3:04:08 AM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< In my opinion, shooting "human traffic" is probably one of the more
difficult
things to do safely. Just too many variables, at least here in the city where
the traffic is thick and you never know who you are going to meet...

Most of the antique cameras in my collection have right angle or swiveling
finders. People were just as "difficult" having their privacy invaded 50 to
100 years ago as they are now. It would be better to use a Rollei or even a
Leica with a DeMornay Budd waist level finder attachment for street photos.
Holding a camera at eye level and pointing it at someone is far too
confrontational in paranoia wracked streets. One of my old cameras even
resembles a pistol. Imagine using that one today.

LarryZ