Subject: [Leica] <no subject>
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:18:59 -0400

> Please, do us all a favor and check the archives for quality issues and
> Leica gear.  You will find that:
>
>   * Once every six months, someone buys Leica gear that needs
>     servicing and raises the question of flawlessness vs. price.
>
>   * Common sense dictates that errors will occur in ANY manufacturing
>     line.  REGARDLESS of price and quality control measures.  Flaws
>     ALWAYS manage to find their way through somehow.  It is a consequence
>     of human activity and enthropy.
>
>   * If you want to eliminate the risk of getting faulty equipment,
>     don't buy any.
>
>   * This is a dead horse.

But buyers who DO get defective equipment SHOULD post it. The Buyer was not
raving and ranting about it, just reporting it. I for one don't mind
seeing it on the LUG. And if it only occurs once every six months, why
should that be a problem?

Your response intimidates others from posting "defect" messages, and if
taken to an extreme, ANY kind of message that could be dumped to
"it's in the archives and has been covered before", so it's a dead horse.

Sam Alexander