Subject: [Leica] Re: Film Template/Loading LTM
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 09:43:44 -0500

John Collier wrote:

<It seems to me that it would be simple to make an inexpensive copy. At your
<local hardware store you could pick up a suitable hinge. One could then saw
<and/or file out the correct profile.

<John Collier

Dear Luggers,

I made a template from the translucent plastic that comes with 3-ring binders.
I mark the shape on the leader with an extra fine Expresso and then cut
with small scissors so I can get a good curve that won't split.

Another thing that works for me: when loading my IIIf, I leave the rewind
lever on "rewind" while I insert the film.  I then wiggle the wind knob;
almost every time a sprocket tooth pops up through the perforation.  Then I
close the base and put the lever to A.  If the tooth doesn't appear, I
start over.

Alan Magayne-Roshak