Subject: Re: [Leica] Report on Piezography
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:15:21 -0700

George Hartzell wrote:

> While the 3000 will happily print w/ color inks, it isn't nearly close
> to being dotless.  For color printing, the Epson 1270 is the state of
> the art.
>
> People seem to love the 3000 because of it's economy (large ink cart's
> and easily refilling).  Since the peizography tools don't need to
> dither and the apparent resolution is so much higher, the slightly
> retro technology in the 3000 isn't a problem.
>
> Jon's talking about a Peizography set for the 1160 (I think that's the
> model...), which is a four color printer w/ the same itty-bitty dot
> size as the 1270.  He thinks it'll make marginally better prints but
> be much more expensive to operate (it uses smaller, harder to refill
> ink cartridges) and (I think) it's constrained to smaller papers.
>
> With color printing and dithering, it's a whole different story.
>
> g.
><Snip>
I wish these separate carts for Peizography could be ordered as Pantone colors.
I do this multichannel thing in Photoshop where I change the CMYB to other
Pantone muted colors of my choice by going into the Multichannel mode. I would
love it if I could have it printed with these colors. Each Pantone channel
representing it's specific Pantone cart. Is this already being done?
 Pipe dreams for a few years down the road!
Mark Rabiner