Subject: Re: [Leica] PhotoPerWeek
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:02:03 -0600

rnkramer@mindspring.com wrote:

> I will say my main message with my photographs that I will be posting once a
> week to this diverse group of Leica owners -- some wealthy, some not (the
> reason I don't have a 35mm 'lux ain't becuase I don't want one) -- is to
> quit argueing about whose lens can beat up whose lens and go out and USE
> your cameras!   For whatever type of photography you enjoy.  With whatever
> pieces of equipment you need and /or can afford.

Well said, Bob!

Learning to see photo opportunities close to home is where it's at: It's
a challenge to look out onto the everyday world with a tourist's sense
of newness and wonder but it's very rewarding. There will never be
another day quite like today, so best to grab the camera and capture a
bit of it before it's gone forever! Don't worry about wearing out the
Leica; it's not so easily done and they'll make more.

For what it's worth, I do try to look at everyone's online photos and
maybe don't give feedback as much as I should. I respond to some subject
matter more than others and I'm critical but less-than-fawning praise
from me does not imply that the photographer is a worthless hack! I get
a lot more excited over Cole Weston's dye transfer prints of cow
pastures than I do over Dorothea Lange's migrant mother photo but that's
just me.
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado