Subject: RE: [Leica] The cost of consumables
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:58:56 -0700

> From: Robert G. Stevens
>
> One thing I have done to decrease my cost is to use bulk
> rolled film.
[snip]
> I also develop my own

Yup, shooting bulk-load chrome and souping it yourself is the way to go from
a cost perspective.

Unfortunately, I want to shoot colour neg, and I can't soup it at home.  Not
because it's not possible, but that I'm not allowed to.  My wife was a (very
good) custom colour printer for many years.  She got a bleeding ulcer from
the stress, chemical jaundice from poor ventilation and a permanent bad
attitude from the clients.  Now the smell of acetic acid in salad dressing
gives her Vietnam-sized flashbacks, so I'm under orders to never ever under
any circumstances bring photo processing chemicals into the house :-/

Paul Chefurka